[CAVO] ACTION REQUESTED: List of FOSS Elections Software

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Wed Dec 30 22:44:04 UTC 2015

Dear CAVO participants:

Through our active participation as the CAVO project under Open Source
Initiative, we are committed to encourage the development and use of open
source elections software.

Thus with our comments and suggestions on OSI's license discussion lists,
OSI approved another open source license for OSET that is fully compatible
with CAVO's preferred GPLv3 license. So too almost all other FOSS licenses
are compatible with our GPLv3. Success even in diversity of licenses! All
such software can be aggregated and used collectively for elections.

We are an open source community. Licensing is no longer an issue for us.

We now need to compile a list of all published FOSS elections software.

When you provide me the information, I will gather a list of such software
to publish at our CAVO at opensource.org <mailto:CAVO at opensource.org>  website.
Please provide the following:

*       Name of the software package

*       URL where that source code can be located

*       A brief textual description of that open source elections software
for public information.

email to this cavo at opensource.org <mailto:cavo at opensource.org>  list. Don't
worry about format as much as content. I'll put it together.

Thanks, /Larry

Lawrence Rosen

Rosenlaw & Einschlag (www.rosenlaw.com <http://www.rosenlaw.com/> )

3001 King Ranch Rd., Ukiah, CA 95482